A completely honest, unbiased review on Maybelline Lifter Gloss.
Get full details on overall performance, swatches, and a color guide to help you find a shade you’ll love!
I purchased 9 Lifter Gloss shades and put them to the test! Dry winter lips, mealtime, and late nights with friends, these glosses have seen it all.
After weeks of giving it my rigorous crash test, I’m excited to share everything I’ve learned. (Spoiler alert, I’m obsessed!)
These glosses also pair perfectly with another drugstore favorite of mine, Elf Cosmetics Putty Blush.
I even took an internet deep dive to see how the shade range looks on beauty bloggers with skin tones different from own.
I hope by the end of this Maybelline Lifter Gloss review, you’ll be running (not walking) to the drugstore for this little makeup gem.
Use the drop down Table of Contents menu to navigate this post.
What is Maybelline Lifter Gloss?
A lightweight, non-sticky gloss with 20 gorgeous shades to choose from. The high shine finish gives lips a fuller look. Hyaluronic acid works to keep lips hydrated.
What You Should Know:
- The pigments can be deceiving – Some shades that look dark in the tube, are actually sheer when you wear them.
- The shimmer glosses have more “oomph” – Their light reflective quality adds just a little extra glitz and definition compared to the non shimmers.
- Lifter Gloss has a slightly sweet taste and smell.
- One color can look very different on two different people.
- It doesn’t tingle – No known skin irritants are used in the formula. My lips just felt soft and silky.
A Color Guide to Lifter Gloss
Pigments in Lifter Gloss range from sheer to full coverage. This guide details how much color payoff you get with each shade.
Maybelline Lifter Gloss Full Shade Range
The Pros of Lifter Gloss
- Large doe foot wand.
- Drugstore price.
- Really plumps and hydrates lips!
- Packaging – Rectangular tube is pretty and prevents counter roll-offs.
- Thick & lightweight formula – Feels bouncy, plush, and silky smooth!
- Crystal-like glossy shine.
- Not long wearing
Frequently Asked Questions
You’ll need to experiment to find the best shade for you. Each Lifter Gloss will look different from one skin tone to another, so grab a few colors and test them out!
I’m able to get one or two hours of wear if I’m not eating or drinking. After eating you’ll probably have to reapply.
1. Layer your Lifter Gloss to amp up the fullness!
2. Try a shade you normally wouldn’t. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Maybelline Lifter Gloss Swatches
Shimmery, barely there pink.
Clear with warm gold shimmer.
Sheer pink-peach with gold shimmer and metallic finish.
Soft shimmery pink.
Warm brownish pink without shimmer.
Pink-bronze with gold shimmer and metallic finish.
Neutral pinkish-brown with gold shimmer.
Rich rosy pink with warm shimmer.
Deep reddish-pink without shimmer.
Maybelline Lifter Gloss Review: Final Thoughts
Lifter Gloss checks all the boxes for my perfect gloss. If you have dry lips like myself, and need a top notch hydrating lip product, I highly recommend it!
Have you tried Maybelline Lifter Gloss yet? Share your experience below!